Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pastel Portraits and Children...


Like all women I am many things...wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, friend. As I walked through a building today, I observed a 4 year-old happily shadowing her father - who she clearly adored. I remembered that time when I was that little girl. Later in the day, a family came into the studio. The preteen hanging on her mother enganging her in adult conversation, sharing a girls' moment. "Oh, Mom, look how lovely the dress is in that painting. She looks so beautiful." I remember being that girl, too. I hope that when all is said and done, that my paintings will help the families I paint remember those moments. This is a detail from a pastel portrait of two sisters...the younger one shown here was the flirty, precocious one. I hope that comes through...

No comments: