Thursday, October 29, 2009

Quick sketches...

The best thing I can recommend over and over again is to do lots of sketching.  Some of my students have told me the last few days that they enjoyed seeing these little quick sketches that I do all the time.  I was also reminded of the time I accompanied my daughter to Vienna when she was singing with a group that was performing there.  I sketched everything! The buildings, the interiors, the singers, the hotel... I had my sketchbook with me all the time. Good or bad, fast or slow, I was indelibly etching these images on my brain in a way that a momentary snapshot never would.  Now get out the pencils and get to work!  This quick sketch is graphite and watercolor... $50/$5shp/NCSTx



1 comment:

Laurel Alanna McBrine said...

What a lovely sketch! What kind of paper do you favor?

I hope your injury is healing quickly. I wish we had your weather - cold and rainy here today and the roses are long gone.