Saturday, June 20, 2009

The studio in summer...

Here is the blog I promised all of you! The studio in summer is particularly busy between travel, workshops, portraits, and speaking events. Family factors prominently into this schedule as well. In the last two months, I have worked and/or visited in Boston, Washington DC, Reston, VA, Greesboro, NC, Morehead City, NC, Nag Head/Kill Devil Hills, NC, Boone/Blowing Rock, NC, and occasionally home in Raleigh! I will be including daily paintings (or almost daily paintings) with my posts. Since I work on large paintings for long periods of time, I will share (and sell) some of my preparatory sketches, thumbnail color sketches (5x7 and 8x10 panels), and plein aire "color notes." It is midnight...I will post a painting in the morning. Until then...

No comments: